Here are some quick fixes for this issue:
- Make sure you are holding your smartphone still while RemoCam tries to scan the QR code.
- If the Wi-Fi signal is weak, it could influence the camera and phone’s communication. Make sure your smartphone is connected to your Wi-Fi, and the Wi-Fi name and password are entered correctly.
- Hold your smartphone between 8-12 inches away from the RemoCam lens. If you hold your smartphone is too far or close to RemoCam, it will not be able to scan the QR Code.
- Adjust your phone’s brightness to medium.
- Make sure the room is well-lit and quiet during the setup process.
- If the QR code was successfully scanned, but the camera wasn’t able to connect, please make sure the room has minimal noise. The beeping sound that RemoCam makes after the QR code is scanned tells the RemoCam app the camera is connected. Sometimes if the room is too loud, the RemoCam app cannot hear the RemoCam’s beeping.
- If you still cannot scan the QR code, try resetting the camera. Once your camera is reset, try adding the camera to your account again.
If this issue persists, please contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.